NL Smith's Vim Page
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to enable efficient text editing. It is an improved version of the vi editor distributed with most UNIX systems.
Vim is often called a “programmer's editor,” and so useful for programming that many consider it an entire Integrated Development Environment. It's not just for programmers, though. Vim is perfect for all kinds of text editing, from composing email to editing configuration files.
- Download: vimrc
- Mac & Unix: Place at ~/.vimrc
- Windows: Place at C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\*YOU*\_vimrc
- The NERD Tree: A tree explorer plugin for navigating the filesystem. [Download]
- VimOutliner: [Download]
- Using the vi editor from Linux Installation and Getting Started (where I first learned vi.)
- Why, oh WHY, do those #?@! nutheads use vi?
- Graphical vi-vim Cheat Sheet and Tutorial
- The complete Graphical vi-vim Cheat Sheet and Tutorial in PDF format
- vi Assistant
js.asp Syntax Highlighting